Shaklee Get Clean Testimonials
A Get Clean Testimonial from a Stay-at-home Mom and Shaklee Distributor:
Since becoming a Mom in October of 2005, I've become extremely aware of the items I have in my home. We're told to protect our children from choking hazards, stairways and so on, but are we ever told to protect them from the chemicals we bring into our home through household cleaning and laundry products? I always thought if I bought the “fragrance free” laundry items it would be fine and I also thought my child isn’t at risk because it doesn’t matter what I’m cleaning with, just as long as he doesn’t get into it. The fact of the matter is not only is he at risk, I’m also at risk.
As a stay-at-home Mom I learned an interesting fact that made me think about the cleaners I have. This fact made me get rid of all the toxic cleaners I had in my home. Shaklee informed me that, women who work at home have a 54% higher death rate from cancer than those who work away from home. This study concluded that this was a direct result of the increased exposure to toxic chemicals, many of which were found in common household products. I work at home as a homemaker; I fit in that job description.
I have been a Shaklee user my entire life (started in the womb with my Mother) and it has taken me to be a Mom to really step back and think about what I’m doing in my world to make a difference for my family and the environment. With the Get Clean products I can feel safe and happy knowing that my family and I are not at risk to be exposed to toxic cleaners. Along with being non-toxic, they are also, natural, free of harsh chemicals and fumes, biodegradable, hypoallergenic, Earth friendly, not tested on animal and the kicker, the containers are recyclable as well as the dryer sheets.
What makes me comfortable is that I can clean a bathtub and know that my son is safe from any harsh chemicals left behind. I can do laundry with the confidence that it’s okay for him to suck on his blanket or roll around on his crib sheets. Because I know he is safe from invisible coatings or fumes left behind. I’m passionate about these products because not only are they safe for my family, but they are making a difference in the environment.
My girlfriend, whom was a skeptic, tried the sample bottle of Basic H2 and has since then changed her mind and given it her own name. She calls it "magic spray". She uses it on everything, including the grime left on the back of her leather car seat from her sons tennis shoes. Everything else she tried didn't get it off, but her "magic spray" did!
Get Clean is a solution for so many things, your family, your wallet, and the environment. Every household should be using the Get Clean products. Every time someone purchases a Get Clean starter kit they plant 10 trees among other great things. Oxygen is good!
Get Clean really works!!!
I received my cleaning kit shortly before I left town for the holidays. I had fun putting it all together yesterday and trying everything out in my kitchen and bathroom. How can something that doesn’t smell like chemicals be so effective? I’m really impressed, so far!
and here are a couple of other things I really like about the Get Clean kit:
(1) It’s pretty. (2) It takes up very little room, and I’m looking
forward to clearing out the masses of cleaners from underneath all of my sinks.
(3) The scour-off paste is very cool. I can’t figure out how it works,
but it does. It doesn’t smell, it’s not gritty, and it rinses off clean.
You know what a skeptic I am about everything. These products are of great value — in more ways than one.
Thanks to Vicky, Madison, WI
Subject: Testimonial -- Get Clean Economy
Both microfiber cloths are fabulous! The one for windows cleaned all the mirrors in my house (about 8) with a few squirts of the Basic H mix for glass on it, followed with a clean, plain rag for shining.
For dusting, I sprayed the "Get Clean" cloth with the normal "H" mix for cleaning surfaces. I wiped all dusty surfaces in the bedroom and living room with the one cloth, only re-spraying once. No need to use 3 or 4 cloths per room!
The cloths wash, dry, and return to the "workforce" like new! They are fun to use, and have really economized on my cleaning time.
Top of Form
Being a concerned mother of nearly four, I do care about the wellness of my family and the toxins in my home. But this concern has taken different action over the past years. When I had my first baby, I gave cleaning products a great deal of thought and tried to make as many as I could using earth friendly ingredients and recipes I found online. Then, after the arrival of my second baby, I needed convenience and so I tried some of the green cleaners found at health food stores. This was expensive so at times I had to just use the chemicals that choke you in the cleaning aisles of grocery stores. And finally, after my third baby, I needed maximum convenience and minimum price. So I started to use Clorox wipes, among other things. (I have to be honest, even though I hate to admit it L.)
Unfortunately, I was doing more harm than good. A friend of mine suggested I watch Toxic Brew, a news segment produced by a Canadian news station. After watching this, the reality of what I was bringing into my home began to dawn on me.
Only a month or so later, I heard of the work of Dr. Doris Rapp, who researches the effects of harmful chemicals on children’s health. (You can find her books, including Is This Your Child’s World? at www.amazon.com.) In one of her studies, she tested the effect of bleach on six-year-olds’ handwriting. I looked at the printed results, and was amazed at the evidence. Before a bottle of bleach was opened, students wrote their names fairly well. Then, with just an opened bottle of bleach in the room and the fumes wafting through the air, the children wrote their names dramatically different. Some wrote messy, some too small to read, and one even wrote backwards.
Being the devil’s advocate that I am, I thought: “Well, they just printed up the worst case scenarios. Certainly it wouldn’t affect my kids this way.” So, I determined to do the same test at home. I didn’t tell my kids what I was doing. I only told them to write as neatly as they could. They printed their names on a sheet of paper. Then, I told them to hold up their papers while I wiped the table off with a Clorox wipe. As soon as it was dry enough, I had them put their papers down and write their names again. I was shocked! My daughter’s writing was visibly messier; instead of letters being tight and connected, they were loopy and crooked. My son was completely distracted by something while he was writing his name! (This is uncharacteristic of him. He has no attention difficulties.) When he realized that he was talking about something else, he stopped mid-sentence and said: “Wait, I’m supposed to be writing my name!” The next letter he wrote was upside-down (which my son had never done before). I took it to the next level and had my children move to another room where there were no Clorox fumes. They wrote their names again and proved that without being “under the influence” they could write just as neat as the first time. I could clearly see that the chemicals were affecting both writing ability and focus.
My children are home-schooled and we do chores every morning before school starts. Since they have direct exposure to cleaners, I was burdened by thoughts of how the cleaning chemicals were affecting them in other ways. To make a long story shorter, I promised myself from that time on that I would not subject my children’s minds to danger again, not to mention their lungs and skin. And I am very pleased with the alternatives that Shaklee offers! These are very powerful, environmentally friendly, cost-effective cleaning products that contain no toxic chemicals and no dangerous fumes! What more was I looking for? I have totally clean, residue-free dishes; totally clean, irritation-free clothes; and totally clean, fume-free choretime! I LOVE IT and I want to spread the word so that every mom can give her children the priceless gift of a toxin-free home.
Get Clean helps Asthma
I just wanted to share some good stuff about Basic H. My daughter worked for a home and office cleaning company a while back. With the harsh chemicals she had to use, her asthma got worse and her excema on her hands was out of control. She quit that job, due to health reasons. She took on a couple of houses for cleaning on her own. With fewer days of exposure, her symptoms were less, but still there. I bought her the first bottle of Basic H. She was a little leery at first. She said "How can anything that is that safe clean really well?" I told her to try it on me. She tried it and liked it, she asked me to get her a bottle of Basic G for the real "ucky stuff". I got her a bottle of both. She found that it not only cleaned well, but her hands cleared up and her asthma problems were only a couple times a month rather than a couple times a day. She went back to school and graduated, so now the only house she cleans is her own. She has told many others of the relief she got from getting away from the heavy-duty chemicals. Now that daughter is about to be an aunt and I am about to be a grandmother, first time, and very happy that the baby will not be crawling through a forest of chemicals or dirt! Thank you Shaklee for these wonderful products.